Hong Kong Style Clay Pot Rice
1 cup Rice
1 Cantonese-style sausage (“lap cheung”)
100g Cantonese-style bacon (cured pork belly)
2 bok choy
1 tbsp Kimlan Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Kimlan Vege Mushroom Oyster Paste
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp Sugar
Some green onion, peanut oil
1. In a clay pot, brush on a thin layer of peanut oil on the bottom of the pot and put in the washed rice into the pot. Add water about 1:1.5 ratio (1.5 being the water ratio) and soak for about 40 to 60 minutes.
2. Slice the Cantonese sausage and cured meat. Set aside.
3. Wash the vegetable and set aside.
4. Put the pot over high heat and bring it to a boil then turn heat to low. Cover the pot with lid and continue to cook until rice is about 80% cooked.
5. While waiting for the rice to cook, this is when to prepare the sauce. Add Kimlan Light Soy Sauce, Kimlan Veggie Mushroom Oyster Paste, sugar, sesame oil, salt and mix together evenly with a bit of water.
6. Once the water in the pot of rice has cooked down, add in the sliced cured meat and sausage. Continue to cook in low heat for 5 minutes.
7. To make the crispy rice, pour some sesame oil along the pot and cover with lid to simmer in low heat for about another 5 minutes then turn off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately; rather wait for another 10 minutes.
8. While waiting for the crispy rice, cook the vegetables in a pot of boiling water. Add some salt and a bit of oil to cook the vegetables then remove to drain before placing on top of the rice.
9. Add the sauce to the clay pot rice and sprinkle some green onions. Enjoy!