For those who are unsure, Jiuniang is sweet fermented rice originating from China and used in both sweet and savory dishes because of its distinct flavor.
Jiuniang Passion Fruit Jelly adds a fruity taste to the aroma of the Jiuniang.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
1. 1+1/2 tbsp Kimlan Fermented Rice
2. 8 g Isinglass (Soak in cold water)
3. 300 ml Water
4. 55 g Rock Sugar
5. 1 Passion Fruit
6. 1 tbsp Passion Fruit jam (top)
1. In a small pot under low heat add water, Kimlan Fermented Glutinous Rice, Rock Sugar, Passion Fruit with the Isinglass until evenly dissolved and mixed.
2. Using another pot filled with cold water (pot needs to be big enough for the above pot mixture to sit in), gently stir the mixture until slightly thickened. Pour into the desired cup.
3. Add a bit Passion Fruit Jam on top of the mixture, and refrigerate for about two hours.